Author: Proverbs Way
If you knew you were going to die soon and had only one “I’m sorry” phone call you could make, who would you call? And why are you waiting?
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, make amends immediately. It’s easier to eat crow while it’s still warm. ~Dan Heist
- An apology is a good way to have the last word. ~Author Unknown
- Keep your words soft and tender because tomorrow you may have to eat them. ~Author Unknown
- An apology is the superglue of life. It can repair just about anything. ~Lynn Johnston
- In some families, please is described as the magic word. In our house, however, it was sorry. ~Margaret Laurence
- Never ruin an apology with an excuse. ~Kimberly Johnson
- Apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift. ~Margaret Lee Runbeck
- For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness. ~Author Unknown
- The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway. ~Henry Boye
6 thoughts on “I’m Sorry – Two Words That Can Change Someone’s Life”
Reblogged this on .
This quote is so true!!
“Never ruin an apology with an excuse. ~Kimberly Johnson
oh yes 😉
Reblogged this on Totally Inspired Mind….
I try to not hold grudges as I believe you are only hurting yourself when you do and I truly melt when someone says they are sorry, I usually respond with something like: it never happened or just plain old thank you for saying that it means so much to me. I do believe that there is another part of this and that is to try to make amends or try not to make the same mistake of hurting someone over and over again. Sorry can be heartfelt but sometimes just a word to smooth things over. It reminds me of my mother telling that “actions speak louder than words”. I guess the most important point I am trying to make is that if the sorry is truly genuine then it is worth it’s weight in gold. Thank you for sharing this! ❤
oh YES! It’s a beautiful learning experience to stay calm even when others hurt us. Like you said, it ends up hurting us at the end!! We can truly heal our soul with pure love and forgiveness that comes from Jesus!!!